Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Hollow Tree


This afternoon my husband and I decided to take a walk and absorb some vitamin D. We came across a hollow tree. The hollow part was burnt up and seemed to be someone's rubbish bin. As we looked at the upper part of the tree, we noticed that it had spread out its branches and the leaves were all so green. I thought about this irony and had a light bulb moment, or rather a conviction. It doesn't matter what life throws at you. Just like the hollow tree as long as your roots are founded on fertile ground, you'll always bloom, bear fruit, reach out for the skies. I may be a hollow tree; but I'm going places, cause God ain't done with me yet.

5 comments:

  1. this is so nice,its amazing how God uses things that are of no use to man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....so true Rael, really amazing; there's so much we can learn from the things around us....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how that sounds... "My husband and I..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....You said it Chris :)) My husband and I:)) Actually sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insightful way in looking at lifes circumstances.

    ReplyDelete